Wow, this summer is passing by at record speed and San Diego Comic Con is already a thing of the past. I am fully looking forward to the Halloween season! And, of course, filming my short film right after!
So here’s the latest on ‘The Appointment’:
• We have a Twitter page: twitter.com/TheApptShort – Go follow it and retweet!
• We have a Facebook page: www.facebook.com/theappointmentshortfilm – Go ‘like’ it and share it!
• We’re assembling an amazing crew, including people I’ve worked with in the past! The support in the film community has knocked me off my feet and I still have to pinch myself! Talk about super talented and passionate pros! Detailed announcements will follow on FB and Twitter closer to production. If you’re in the San Diego film scene, you’ll recognize a lot of the names :)
• Casting call for the two supporting actors is out. Here are the details for my actor peeps out there: “Looking for two actors for supporting roles in my short film ‘The Appointment’ to be filmed in San Diego in November. Non-Union. Meals/gas and possible small stipend. Audition time and location TBD. This is a dark comedy and these are two fun supporting roles! Improv experience a plus. Breakdown:
– Latino male 20s-30s – the young stud, in great shape, badass bodyguard to Ms. Mord. He’s hot and he knows it, but not a smart ass. Can be sweet and a bit of a ‘dim bulb’ at times. Eager to learn and loyal. MUST SPEAK FLUENT SPANISH.
– Latino male 40s-50s – the older, wiser bodyguard for Ms. Mord. Maybe a bit more rotund and soft around the edges, but still tough as hell and his experience in the field has kept him alive. You don’t want to get on his bad side. Still has a wicked edge to him. MUST SPEAK FLUENT SPANISH.
• I’m putting together a photoshoot for the actual poster and promo images as we speak. Sheesh…THAT alone is turning out to be quite the challenge! Getting all the schedules, props, locations together, etc…looks like a nice warm-up to the actual film shoot!
• I’ve started working on my character (putting my actor hat on for a minute) and recorded a native-Russian-speaking friend reading my lines, so I can get the accent
right. Thank you again, Irina! I’ve also gotten much more serious about getting into badass shape (mainly for confidence of my character, but also to shed a few pounds) at my martial arts dojo Kwai Sun Studio
, where, incidentally, I met the kickass Irina ;)
• I am still looking for referrals and tips for location/set/film insurance. Anybody?
• I am still looking for the right location! Here’s a refresher from an older blog post: I’m looking for an expensive type of place, a mansion or villa. Here are some interior photo examples:
As you can see, they all have a ‘dark’ design, so I want to avoid lots of windows or really bright interiors. My vision is to add lots of lush plant life. I like the library look as well. The idea is ‘luxurious‘, elegant, cultured. Artwork on the walls or in shelves a big plus. I don’t need a big table and a lot of chairs/sofa seats. Actually – one leather couch and a small coffee table would be perfect.
Ok, I think that’s it for now. Things are definitely ramping up and the ball has started rollling, yaaay!
Thanks for reading – stay tuned for more filmmaking adventures!